Before training with Martha Beck (aka Oprah’s life coach) and Byron Katie (thework.com), I spent 12 years building software products at companies as diverse as the international aerospace giant Boeing and the fast-growing tech startup Flywheel.
Surprising career change, right?
Throughout most of my software career, even though it was good, I questioned whether I was on the right path. I worried I was wasting my time because it wasn’t deeply meaningful work. But I didn’t know what to do instead. And trust me, I searched! As far back as middle school I gobbled up career assessments, eager to find my ideal career. Later in life it was Gallup StrengthsFinder, DiSC, Myers Briggs… and all the books at the library with “Life Purpose” in the title.
At the same time, I’ve long struggled with depression, anxiety, and grief. (Much of this began at age 7 when I became a Motherless Daughter.)
When it all became too much, I spent 5 years digging deep with an exceptional mental health therapist. Then, I worked with life coaches, and trained as one. The moment I experienced (quality) coaching, I was hooked. It’s like this:
When I was drowning, therapy taught me to tread water. Coaching propelled me forward in the sea.
And here’s the MOST IMPORTANT THING I’ve learned through all of this:
It’s not about feeling good. It’s about getting good at feeling.
And let me tell you, life is way more fun when you learn to question your thoughts and allow your feelings – all of them. If you want an easier, deeply enjoyable life (at work and beyond), I’d love to help.
I help high-achieving women love their work.
I’m Mandy Kubicek, Certified Life Coach and former software leader in Omaha, Nebraska. I specialize in helping high-achieving women create work lives they love.
My clients find clarity, confidence, focus, peace, and purpose. Here are a few of their results:
- Desperate to figure out what she wanted to do with her life, Sarah found peace and an entirely new job that she loves.
- An executive ready for a change, Sara learned stress-reduction strategies and found more fun right where she is.
- Entrepreneur Annie shifted from scattered to focused and grew her business, both in dollars and satisfaction.
How I left my 6-figure tech career
With Stuart Chittenden, host of Lives Radio Show, I talk about what coaching is, how I overcame my own limits to leave a software career and build a coaching business, and how the loss of my mother has shaped my life.
These principles guide my coaching and my life.
- Being present is a choice.
- Life is supposed to be fun!
- Gratitude gives us more of what we desire right now.
- Our thoughts are the cause of nearly all of our suffering.
- Deeply satisfying human connection requires vulnerability.
- The brain is not our only source of inner wisdom.
- Anything is possible.
- Less is more, which is why, to help us break the cycle of consumerism, I pledge to the ethical move in service of a new marketing standard based on transparency, trust, and honesty. Please connect with me if you see me not honoring my pledge.
As a life coach, I make change easier.
Schedule your free Clarity Call
Connect with Mandy one-on-one
Love your work
Not sure if you’re on the right path? Get your free workbook to clarify what you want and get back on track.